News & Press
April 20, 2023
Project ManagerJOB SUMMARY:
- Act as the central point and person responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the development of complex, mixed-use projects on a day-to-day basis from the schematic design/conception phase through to design development, construction drawings, bidding/contract negotiation, construction administration, and closeout phases.
- 5-year Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (BArch) or a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Possess a high-level knowledge of CAD-based systems, Revit, Microsoft Windows-based systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.); 3-D modeling experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills among the project team, consultants, and Ownership.
- Proficient knowledge of federal, state, and local building administrative regulations, relating to various building projects while understanding how to implement local and NYC zoning and building code regulations as applicable to solve the architectural design concept.
- Understanding modern architectural / construction means and methods; and the ability to fully detail these systems in coordination with MEP, structural, and site/civil engineering trades.
- Proficient understanding of construction drawing/detailing of various commercial and institutional building systems of significant size.
- Ability to solve complex architectural design and construction problems and advise Ownership of any issues that deviate from the program goals and/or that impact the project budget and timeline.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of development.
- Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, and confidence, and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors, and the wider project team.
Must proficiently serve in the following capacities throughout each development project:
- Will be the project lead in directing consulting teams in the early stages of design and be involved in the selection of structural and MEP systems and assemblies for each Project(s). The Project Manager must properly coordinate these consultant trades throughout the Construction Document phase.
- Work and resolve any issues to secure permits and other governmental approvals, including reviewing project design for submission to local authorities, meeting with the project architect, engineers, zoning counsel, expediters, and local authorities to ensure compliance with zoning and building code, identifying the need for variances, attending public hearings and meetings with local citizen groups.
- Oversee design development, pre-construction, and value engineering process with developer, architect, and contractors to ensure functional designs that meet market demand and which can be constructed within budget and schedule. Serve as the construction administrator during the construction phase, as required. Specific responsibilities during this phase include:
- Oversee the review and approval of shop drawings & submittals.
- Oversee project architect’s response to contractors’ Request For Information (RFI’s).
- Review of contractors’, architects’, and consultants’ progress payment applications, funding requests for certification for payment, and construction draws.
- Attendance at on-site construction project meetings will be required and the Project Manager will keep accurate meeting minutes. The Project Manager will advise the general contractor and Ownership of any critical path and long lead items that will affect the project goals.
- Strong city agency experience (DOB, BSA, FAA, etc) in order to prepare applications, draft responses to agency objections, and define alternate approaches to achieve project approvals.
- Review proposed construction bidders and bid packages, review construction contracts with advice from legal counsel, and ensure appropriate bonding and insurance coverage, in conjunction with Ownership’s construction and insurance consultants.
- Work with the asset management team in monitoring the build-out of tenant improvements and timely tenant move-ins.
- Attend progress meetings and monitor design and construction progress to ensure compliance with project budget, schedule, and quality standards of the insurance carriers.
- Review and approve proposed change orders in consultation with the Ownership, project architect, and construction team.
- Provide project-level status reports to Ownership, JV partners, and lenders, as needed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Manage the transition of the project from development & construction management over to property/asset management as the project nears substantial completion.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org